Saturday, December 8, 2007

We don't need another baby!

Tonight we were all sitting at the dinner table eating and discussing what we wanted to do. I reminded Dale that Dr. Rost (the Dr. who delivered Andrew) had invited us to his Baptist church to see a live version of the nativity. Well, before I go any further, you have to understand that Laurel is obsessed with Dr. Rost . . . in fact, she always looked forward to my appointments with Dr. Rost and would dress up in her princess dress and bring her magic wand. She has also been known to tell me that Dr. Rost is cute and pretty. Anyway, she knows who he is. So, when I said that we could go down to Dr. Rost's church, her immediate reaction was, "mom, we DON'T need to go there for another baby, do we!?" That says it all! Yes, Laurel loves Andrew, but the past 2 months have been taxing for all of us as he's cried in pain all day and half of the night. We're starting to see some nice changes as I've banished all dairy and soy products from my diet (I challenge all who are reading to try this . . . It's actually not a bad thing to try during the holidays. It really limits what you can eat, especially in the goody and junk food department). Anyway, we hope that Laurel will soon recognize that having a little brother isn't such a bad thing!

No comments: