Late last night Dale and I found the news on the internet that President Hinckley had passed away. I've been dreading this day for awhile now, but now that it's finally here, I just can't believe that he's gone. Like so many, I've felt a great affinity towards President Hinckley. He's remarkable in so many ways. One of his most impressive feats during his service was the increase in temples built all over the world. As a missionary in Germany, I had the opportunity to see and hear him speak to the members in 1998. He was an inspiration. I remember Sister Hinckley standing up in the Frankfurt Stake Center and looking around the room - she said, "Where am I?" They had been traveling all over Europe prior to their stop in Frankfurt. Their next stop was the Preston England temple dedication. They were an amazing pair.
While I am sad that President Hinckley is gone, I know that the church will continue to move forward and do great things. President Hinckley is a big reason why the church has progressed so much over the past 50+ years. I've read his biography twice and never grow tired of the story of his life. He was truly remarkable. President Hinckley (Klinkly, as Laurel says it) is deeply loved and missed in our home.
No comments:
Post a Comment