Today is Laurel's 4th birthday and it was a wonderful day. We are so glad that Laurel came into our lives four years ago today - life has never been the same since that beautiful November day in Mountain View, California. Laurel is such an important part of our family. She adds so much life and laughter to our home.
We celebrated her special day by doing things her way for a day . . . . which is pretty much the way it is every day, but we try not to acknowledge that in her presence :-) We just tell her that she has one day each year when she calls the shots! Anyway, we had to be to church at 8:10 this morning so I could meet with our Bishop. While we were waiting, Laurel was telling everyone in the hallway that it was her birthday. For example, she walked up to the Ward Clerk and said, "actually, it's my birthday today and I'm 4 years old!" It was so sweet. When we walked into Sacrament Meeting, she sat down and declared that she was ready to have everyone in the congregation sing her the birthday song. She then wanted to get the miniature flashlight which the Primary hands out to each child on their birthday - I had no idea that she understood so much about birthdays!
After church, we came home and had lunch. Her request was macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, oranges, and green beans. We also had some of the birthday cake that she helped decorate - it turned out beautiful! We then opened her presents. She got a fun Dora the Explorer bicycle, some construction paper for all of her art projects, and a bike helmet, horn, and knee/elbow pads.
When I tucked Laurel into bed tonight, she got sad and told me, "mom, I don't want to be 5 - I want to be 4!" I thought that was so sweet - I told her that she doesn't need to worry about being 5 because she is 4. I hope she stays this way because I don't want her to grow up too quickly. It makes me sad!
We celebrated her special day by doing things her way for a day . . . . which is pretty much the way it is every day, but we try not to acknowledge that in her presence :-) We just tell her that she has one day each year when she calls the shots! Anyway, we had to be to church at 8:10 this morning so I could meet with our Bishop. While we were waiting, Laurel was telling everyone in the hallway that it was her birthday. For example, she walked up to the Ward Clerk and said, "actually, it's my birthday today and I'm 4 years old!" It was so sweet. When we walked into Sacrament Meeting, she sat down and declared that she was ready to have everyone in the congregation sing her the birthday song. She then wanted to get the miniature flashlight which the Primary hands out to each child on their birthday - I had no idea that she understood so much about birthdays!
After church, we came home and had lunch. Her request was macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, oranges, and green beans. We also had some of the birthday cake that she helped decorate - it turned out beautiful! We then opened her presents. She got a fun Dora the Explorer bicycle, some construction paper for all of her art projects, and a bike helmet, horn, and knee/elbow pads.
When I tucked Laurel into bed tonight, she got sad and told me, "mom, I don't want to be 5 - I want to be 4!" I thought that was so sweet - I told her that she doesn't need to worry about being 5 because she is 4. I hope she stays this way because I don't want her to grow up too quickly. It makes me sad!
No comments:
Post a Comment