Thursday, February 1, 2007

February 2007

February brought a very wonderful surprise. We found out we were pregnant again, but with the happiness came much stress. Because we had lost 4 babies to miscarriage since November of 2004, we weren't sure if we should be happy or scared. We ended up feeling mostly scared, but optimistic. Once the pregnancy was verified at 4 weeks, I went to the fertility specialist in Bryn Mawr, PA once a week for blood draws and ultra sounds. Each week I remained pregnant was a huge milestone! It was determined early on that I would need progesterone therapy, along with aspirin and heparin (Lovenox) therapy with the hopes that I would be able to carry this pregnancy to term. I felt a great deal of stress taking the Lovenox injections because I was nervous of the side effects, especially after the miscarriage I had in December of 2005. On the positive side, I did begin to get very sick with this pregnancy, which I prayed for. I was very sick with Laurel, but even more sick with this pregnancy . . . things were beginning to look up for us!

The other exciting event from this month was Dale's visit to Omaha, Nebraska with some of his colleagues from Wharton. This trip was a dream of Dale's for some time, so we decided to make it a reality. Due to our meager student budget, we opted to use one of our sacred frequent flier tickets to get him out to Omaha for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I was so excited for Dale to have this opportunity. Dale was able to tour some of Buffett's businesses in Omaha and learn what made him successful. The best part of the whole weekend was being selected to ride with Mr. Buffett in his Cadillac, which allowed Dale to get to know Buffett better by asking him questions. Above (right) is a picture of Dale with Mr. Warren Buffet. To the left is a picture of Dale getting into Buggett's Cadillac.

No comments: