Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Monopoly Money

It's been quite awhile since I've written anything on this blog - I'm not sure anyone even reads this thing anymore. Anyway, is it just me or is anyone else worried about all of the money our government is spending and printing to "stimulate" the economy? My sister sent me this video clip from Glenn Beck and I thought I'd post it here for anyone interested in seeing the fiscal direction our country is going. I don't care if you're a Republican or a Democrat, because they both have their problems - this should scare anyone, no matter what your political affiliation is. If you don't know what hyperinflation is, just ask my dad who lived through it in post-war Germany. He remembers taking a wagon full of Deutsch Marks to buy one small loaf of bread . . . it took thousands of Marks to buy bread because the inflation was so bad. Too much money had been printed by the government. Is this really what's best for our country? As Beck so aptly puts it, it truly is an "Inconvenient Debt."

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm scared to watch the video, Jenn, because I know the country's going down the toilet and don't want to know how bad or how quick. I'm just praying for the millennium to get here fast!

Rob said...

Hey! I'm still reading it (I've just been out of town since you posted this entry). Keep 'em coming. And as for the Glenn Beck video -- it truly it frightening. I'm honestly so worried I might start developing ulcers if I think about it too much.

Jenn