Monday, March 30, 2009

Visit with my cousin

Last week, we enjoyed a wonderful weekend together with my cousin (Katy) and her husband (Todd). It was a lot of fun to get to know her husband better and reconnect with her after many years. My dad recently told me that Katy reminds him of his Grandma Arlt. It was fun to imagine what my Great Grandma Arlt might have been like.

On the night they arrived, we went out for burgers and ice cream - not the healthiest of dinners, but it was good. Andrew, of course, refused to eat anything at dinner, but he did find his dad's cup of rootbeer rather exciting. I still can't believe how fast he is growing up.

After church, we made dinner together. It reminded me of the times we spent at my Grandma's house. I wish we lived a little closer so we could get together more often. Katy and Todd live in Little Rock, which is about 5 hours from Dallas. We're hoping that they can come for Thanksgiving.

Katy and Todd spent a lot of time with our kids, which I really appreciated. I don't have a picture of Todd because he was the man behind the camera - I'll have to look through my photos. Laurel had so much fun playing with Todd and Katy - she's looking forward to another visit already.



No comments: