- Delicious breakfast served by my husband and daughter.
- Beautiful music.
- Adorable homemade gifts from my kids, which are always the best.
- Gourmet dinner cooked by my favorite man.
- Leisurely Sunday walk with the family and some great times with our neighbors - I love the street we live on because of our fun neighbors. We had a great evening outside.
- Terrific gift from Dale - Thank you so much!!!
Here is my family - I am so thankful for the chance I have to be the mother of these two kids. Although I fail most days, I am trying and I hope that they know how much I love them. I am so appreciative of my husband and the man he is. He not only provides for his family, but he loves us and supports us in every possible way. Last week I witnessed a little glimpse into Dale's weekly work routine and I was in awe. Dale, thanks for all you do to make our lives so great. All of the endless hours you sacrifice in our behalf are not only noticed, they are appreciated. Kudos to all of the men out there that support their wives, moms, and other women in their lives. We couldn't do all that we do without you and your love and support.Finally, one thing I felt could have been emphasized at our church meeting even more was the fact that all women, young and old, with children or without, married or unmarried, deserve to be recognized. There have been many "mother figures" in my life that have blessed me immensely. Some of these women never had children of their own, but their influence upon me was profound and I am grateful for them.
I also want to honor my mom - I have one of those moms that knows how to make homemade donuts and spudnuts and made them often while we were growing up - they were SO much better than Krispy Kremes. Most weeks, we'd come home from school to find some treat or dinner mom was putting together. I loved the smell of my house when mom was baking. My mom is not afraid to try anything. She gardens, sews, shops (she knows how to find the best deals - she taught me to never pay full-price for anything if I don't have to), and puts a lot of effort into family and personal history. She's funny and has made me laugh so many times in my life to the point of tears. Mom taught her children how to work and I'm so grateful for that. Most of all, mom loves her children and grandchildren, and we love her back!

1 comment:
Jen, I love seeing your family. You have the most adorable children! It looks like you're being just as good a mom as I always knew you would. . .that is, you're fabulous :) Miss you!
Post a Comment