Monday, April 27, 2009

New Friends . . . Feathered Friends

Meet our new feathered friends! These cute ducks showed up at our front doorstep last week. Laurel ran into the kitchen during dinner prep to tell me that there were two ducks on our front doorstep. It took me a moment to answer her requests to join her at the front door. Much to my surprise, these sweet ducks were patiently waiting on our porch for dinner and company. I quicky grabbed some dry bread we had been saving for exactly this purpose, but we never expected to feed ducks at our doorstep!


Laurel was so happy to feed these ducks - I must admit that it was wonderful to witness Laurel's desire and need to care for these sweet little creatures. I recognized that nurturing spirit that many women share and I was just so happy to see Laurel answer that call. Here is a video of Laurel feeding the ducks on our grass. Incidentally, one week later as we were doing yard work, these two ducks returned to visit us. We like to think they are a couple - they came seeking food, which we provided, but we also think they're looking to build a nest in our yard. This should be interesting!

No comments: