Friday, April 3, 2009

Dallas Arboretum

I love, love, love Spring flowers! When we lived in Philadelphia, we regularly visited Longwood Gardens, a beautiful botanical garden about an hour outside of the city. I have missed those experiences of taking Laurel to see the beautiful floral displays throughout the year. This year, I decided to buy myself a pass to the Dallas Arboretum so that I can have those experiences again. Personally, I enjoy botanical gardens much more than the zoo :-) Besides, if you go to the arboretum on Mondays, they have a petting zoo, crafts for the kids, music, and face painting. Who needs the zoo, right?

Andrew was in heaven at the arboretum - wide open spaces with lots of grass and beautiful pathways for him to roam whereever he wished. It was very difficult to even catch a picture of him with my slow, outdated camera, but I did manage a couple.

Another mother graciously offered to take a picture of the three of us - I love the picture, but it would have been even better had Laurel opened her eyes. You can tell that Andrew is practically jumping out of my arms.

The colors were so beautiful -- Isn't it neat how Laurel's rain jacket matches the flowers? It was a very windy day, but we didn't let that stop us.

Here's another fun picture of Laurel looking at the flowers. She also enjoyed all of the playhouses spread throughout the park. All-in-all, it was a great day and we look forward to going again when the next batch of flowers bloom.

No comments: