As we were driving home from Plano this morning, we were listening to a beautiful recording of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing, "Consider the Lilies." At the end of the song, Laurel said, "Mom, Jesus really does heal us doesn't he? He will heal papercuts and other hurts." I said, "Yes, Laurel, He does and He will." We talked about the power of the Priesthood, which is the power to act in the name of God - through the Priesthood, the power of godliness is made manifest (as defined in the scriptures).
This discussion made me think of all the ways I have been healed in my life. It doesn't take long to remember the ways that the Savior has healed each one of us. As I looked at the two kids in my backseat, I am reminded of the healing that took place to get each one of them to the earth. As difficult as it was to get those two spirits here, I am thankful for the lessons I have learned through the process. I specifically remember the healing I experienced in Philadelphia back in October of 2006 when I was led to Dr. Pfeffer, a fertility specialist who helped diagnose why I was miscarrying every pregnancy. After nearly 3 years of sorrow, this Dr. found a way to help me get my son. I know it was not a coincidence. Here I am nearly 3 years later wrestling with an energetic, loving little boy.
It's nice to know that the Easter message got through to Laurel - I'm so happy to know that it was about more than the Easter bunny. As for this beautiful water lily, this picture was taken at Longwood Gardens in Philadephia back in 2005. I have always loved lily ponds, especially after discovering Claude Monet (French impressionist painter) as a teenager. They are so beautiful and delicate, like each of Heavenly Father's creations.
3 comments:
What a beautiful post! Thank you for your inspiring words. I love and appreciate you so much!
It's always amazing to me what these kids truly have their head wrapped around. they are our best teachers. I love your blog - fancy is overrated. It's simplicity allows the power of your words to come through - and you have a wonderful way with words. I can't tell you how much your comment last night lifted my spirits. Thank you so much! Happy to be back in touch with you guys - you are greatly missed!
I loved your post. Thank you for that sweet reminder. I love ya...
Post a Comment