Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ryan is 5 Months

Dallas Arboretum - Fall Festival 2010
Life is good because Ryan is in our lives. Five months ago today, I gave birth to this little sweetheart. As you can see, Ryan is well fed and well cared for. I'm pretty certain he is the chubbiest of our kids. Last time we checked, he had almost reached 18 pounds and doesn't show any signs of discontinuing that trend. To put it all into perspective, Laurel weighed 20 pounds at the age of 2! He loves to eat and loves to be held, especially by his mommy. One of the big events of this month is his first introduction to solid food (rice cereal). Although it was messy, he was more than willing to practice his techniques during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now anytime I pull out the baby spoon and his little bowl, this little chunk starts to squeal with such delight. I wish I got so excited about flavorless paste!

As for other developmental accomplishments, we're slowly getting him used to tummy time. Ryan would much rather be on his back side looking at a fan or smiling at anyone interested in playing with him. He seems to be pretty close to sitting up on his own, which I'm really looking forward to.
Ryan is an absolute joy to have in our family. He sleeps most of the night, he's good natured, and he just loves his family. We love him, too, and are thankful that he is such a big part of our family.

1 comment:

vallarie said...

Wow! He is cute! Not surprised, of course. :)