

Happy Mother's Day! This has always been a special day for me, but there have been times in my life when this day has been difficult. When I went through that period of my life, I gained a greater appreciation for the title of mother. You don't need to have children to be a mother. Women are inherently mothers because Heavenly Father has blessed women with the tremendous capacity to nurture and take care of others. There have been many "mother" figures in my life who have cared for me when I needed it most. I've had teachers, both at church and school, who have played that role. Growing up, I've had friends whose moms have showered me with love and friendship. I have the best sister in the world, who has been there during the roughest times of my life. Many women have nurtured and cared for me over the past 31 years. But the woman who is the #1 mom in my life is my own mother. My mom is the best - she cares about her kids, more than they realize. She is funny and one of the best cooks. I've often told my husband that I was spoiled - I never worried whether or not dinner would be on the table. Mom always had something and it was always good (unless she made fish, and fish is never good for me!). Mom did things that I'm sure she would have preferred not to do, such as sew my dance dresses in high school. Thanks, mom, for everything. Above you'll see a picture of me and my mom - I must be about 3 months old. Below that is a picture of me with my kids, riding in the wagon in front of our home. At times I'm in disbelief that I'm a mother and must pinch myself. I love my kids and in spite of the challenges that come with motherhood, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for that reminder of how blessed we are to be mothers.
Post a Comment