* We discovered we were pregnant with a little boy, whose name would be Andrew
* Dale's family flew out to celebrate his graduation. We had a wonderful few days in NYC and the Philadelphia area. We toured Hershey and Gettysburg as well. We had such a great time chatting, playing games, eating cheese steaks, and sight seeing.
* After 2 years of working very hard, Dale discovered days before graduation that he would graduate from Wharton with honors. This had been a big goal of his, but he was not sure it would happen. I was so proud of him because he worked hard to achieve this goal. Not only did he excel in his school work, but he really put forth a huge effort to spend any extra time he had with his family. Yes, I'm bragging, but I'm proud of my guy and he deserved it!
* My dad flew out to help us pack our crates (and I mean crates). After some tears from me, we were able to tightly pack our belongings into these 4 tiny boxes. We only had to leave a few book shelves behind, which was truly a miracle. We weren't even sure we'd be able to fit our couches in, so we were thrilled when we only had to leave bookshelves behind.
* Leaving Philadelphia behind was difficult. Many of my friends did not really like Philadelphia, but I loved it. Perhaps it's because I lived 10 minutes from the city and enjoyed the beauty of Main Line, PA. Philadelphia was not the first big city I've lived in (I've lived in Frankfurt Germany, Chicago, San Jose/Bay Area as well), but it was one of my favorites. We were in the middle of everything and we took advantage of that fact and saw as much as we could in those 2 wonderful years.
* We toured Kirtland, Ohio with my dad and had a wonderful time. It was so much fun to watch my dad as he was able to see these church historical sights. My dad is very well read in church history, and as a convert to the church, he has a deep love and respect for the Prophet, Joseph Smith. I'm so glad we were able to do that with dad.
So, today I dream of Philadelphia and our time in MBA school. We had a great time and I'm thankful for those memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment