Thursday, December 16, 2010

Laurel's 1st Grade Christmas Party

At the last minute, I decided to find a playdate for Andrew so I could attend Laurel's "Winter" party at school. I'm so grateful that I grew up in an era when it was still ok to call it a Christmas party, but I do understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas. That's a whole other topic that I don't want to delve in right now.

Laurel was very excited when I showed up with her little brother, Ryan, strapped to me. The party itself was lots of fun. It was obvious that many hours had been invested by several mothers to make sure that the party was a success. Above is a picture of Laurel sitting at her desk when I walked into the party. Mrs. Dixon, her teacher, was giving them instructions about the remainder of the afternoon.

Here is Laurel crafting a beautiful snowman tree ornament.

Laurel was proud of the end result. We still need to find a picture of her to place inside his tummy so we'll always remember how old she was when she made this sweet ornament.

Here is the inside of her card with a cute poem and a packet of hot chocolate mix. Is there anything better than a hand-made Christmas gifts from your own children?

Here was one of the games the children played. There were 3 groups of children who raced to see who could make the best snowman out of toilet paper, carrots, and a scarf. Our team didn't win because one of the little boys shoved the carrot in this little boys mouth a second time and hurt him. The carrot went all the way back to the back of his throat and the poor thing was in tears and a lot of pain. There is always excitement when there are 7 year old boys involved.

No comments: