Saturday, July 12, 2008

Date Night

After spending the day ripping down wallpaper from our walls, we decided it was time to take a break and have some fun. But before I get to the fun stuff, I need to express how much I dislike wallpaper! For those who have seen the movie 27 Dresses, let's just say that if I could scream into a room like Jane (Catherine Heigl's character) did, I seriously would have done that every single day this past week. I wouldn't have said what she said, but I would have screamed and it would have felt so good! I think it's safe to say that wallpaper will never, ever grace the walls of this home or any home we ever own.

Now for our fun weekend. We attended a baptism for our church, which was nice. Afterwards, I picked up our babysitter and we left the kids at home for a few hours. We almost went to a movie, but decided not to do that because it doesn't allow us time to talk with each other. Nowadays we don't get much time to just talk with each other. We had such a great time! We ate at Pei Wei and then browsed Home Goods, my new favorite store. Afterwards, we walked around the new shopping center near our home and found a great new chocolate store. We enjoyed some gelato and sampled some unique chocolates, all while playing 2 games of dominoes on a nice table near the back of the cafe. We then headed over to Barnes & Noble and picked out some fun magazines and reading material to look at together. It reminded us so much of our college days when we were dating . . . simple, inexpensive (except for the babysitting - babysitters in my town make more than I did as an admin at BYU), but fun.

I arrived home feeling like a new person and ready to face a new week. Unfortunately, my disdain for wallpaper didn't change and if I look at one more piece of it, I will scream. So, I'm going to just forget about it for now and think about the fun Saturday night we had.

1 comment:

Jenn S. said...

Sounds like a perfect date night!