I came across this picture recently and just had to post it. Laurel is about 11 months in this picture and is sitting on the lap of Grandma Chris. At this time we were living in San Jose and drove to Fresno for a fun weekend. The significance of this picture is 2-fold. First, Laurel never drank from a bottle, ever! She drank from a straw at 4 months and never looked back. I tried and tried, but finally gave up. I remember getting all kinds of strange looks from people when they'd see this baby sucking out of a straw - it really was remarkable. But, it makes sense when you understand that she and Grandma Chris are kindred spirits for many reasons. One main reason is the love of drinks. Grandma Chris loves to stop for drinks and Laurel is always a willing participant. She also gets it from my side, too. Heidi, please enjoy a beverage at Hermies for me this week . . . I'll take crushed ice and my half/half mix! Looking forward to enjoying one with you soon! Woo - hoo!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Straws
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment