On the way home, much to my surprise, I heard a voice from a car yelling my name. I look to the left only to discover that one of the sweetest sisters from my mission was yelling my name! For those of us who served with Sister Meteer in Frankfurt, we know her as one of the happiest human beings alive. She was such a fantastic missionary and I was always so sad that we were never companions. Fortunately, we enjoyed some splits together, as well as a very memorable P-Day in Frankfurt towards the end of our mission.
As I walked away from Margo, I felt so happy, especially considering that I had been feeling a little down. I was so grateful for the moment - thanks, Margo, for being so observant! I still can't believe you saw me and actually recognized me. I'm so glad that the odds were in our favor and we could see each other after so many years. You're an amazing woman - a mother to 4 (including triplets). I hope to run into you again one of these days. I really hope we can enjoy a sisters reunion one of these years - I truly miss everyone from our mission. Those were great and challenging days.
Here is a picture of my happy little man after making it to the temple in 98 degree weather . . . and you're still smiling!
4 comments:
Next time you're visiting American Fork, give me a call! I'd love to get together with you and visit. We just live in Lindon, which is about 5 minutes away from AF.
I am sad I missed you! Eagle Mountain is so close! Andrew is so adorable!
It's always nice to see old friends again. Your vacations in the next entry looks so fun and relaxing!
So I am so behind on my blogging, but that was such a highlight of my trip. My mother-in-law and sister-law just thought it was so fun how excited we were to see each other. I love you and was just so thrilled to see you. It goes to show you no matter how much time goes by, dear friends will never be forgotten.
Post a Comment