Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?"

One of my most favorite Primary songs I remember from my childhood is "Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime". For some reason, most children today do not know this song, as well as many other classic tunes I remember from my childhood ("Give Said the Little Stream" "Pioneer Children" etc). So, I decided to teach Laurel some of these songs myself and you know what . . . she loves them probably more than I do! Here is Laurel's rendition of "Oh What Do You Do In the Summertime" and a familiar sound in our home on a daily basis. I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurel loves to sing this song ALL the TIME!! A couple of Sundays ago, she had us all marching through the house singing this song (with actions of course). Andrew just watched and giggled. He gets a bang out of Laurel's outsized personality.

JT and Kristin said...

I absolutely love that song! I am so glad you taught it to Laurel. What a cutie. You've inspired me!

page family said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten just since you left Philly! What a cute video and I have to echo the previous post...we love that song too! Thanks for sharing! we miss you guys!