Thursday, July 24, 2008

Puerto Vallarta

I love spending time with my husband, even if it means we have to leave the country!

I love to walk on the beach!


Dale and I enjoyed 3 great days in Puerto Vallarta. Dale's company takes the entire office somewhere each year for some well earned fun. This year they chose a more exotic location, which was fun for everyone. I have to admit, it really is a nice perk and goes a long way to make up for the long hours Dale puts in for the firm. What's especially impressive is that this vacation is not only for the partners and consultants, but administrative workers (assistants, mailroom, etc) are all included, as well as their spouses/significant others. Everyone is treated equally, which is the way it should be.

We left the kids with my parents and met up in Puerto Vallarta on the 23rd. The resort was actually located in Nuevo Vallarta, just 20 minutes or so from the main town. The resort was beautiful! It was called the Grand Velas Resort and for anyone interested in a beautiful all-inclusive vacation, this place does not disappoint. The views are beautiful! We enjoyed lounging at the pool, swimming, walking the beach, and drinking virgin pina coladas every chance we could! I definitely drank my fair share of pina coladas, but considering I've been on such a restricted diet for so long and had 3 days of freedom, I made sure to enjoy every moment. By the way, I also ate pizza, ice cream, chocolate cake, and anything else that looked good. It's amazing how much one takes life for granted until something is taken away from you.

Here we are sitting at the swim-up bar near the pool. Although we are in our street clothes in this photo, we enjoyed plenty of drinks from the pool. I just thought it was so cool that I could order something to drink and swim at the same time!
Here is a great view of the infinity pool. There were three pools on the property but we found ourselves frequenting the one with the bar so we could enjoy endless Diet Cokes and pina coladas. I'm so glad that we could get away and remember what it was like to walk out the door without a diaper bag, sippy cups, and fruit snacks. With that said, I was so glad to return to our kids and get back to every day life. What I have taken away from this great experience is that parents need a break sometimes, even if it is for 2 hours on a Friday night. I hope to be better at taking those moments with my husband. One of the greatest words in the English language is "recreation" . . . as the root of the word suggests, we must "recreate" ourselves and our lives so that we can better enjoy and appreciate every day life.




3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Ok totally jealous! I wanted to do something like that for our 10 year anniversary next week. I had it planned in my head "10 years, we deserve to leave the country" well jobs changes, finances changed, and everyone we know is on vacation too next week. So we're spending our anniversary with the kids at Pismo Beach for the weekend. I'm okay with it, just wished we could have left the country:)!

Heather said...

What a fun vacation! It looks beautiful there!

vallarie said...

Jen! You look awesome!