
No, it's not tornado season in Texas - my house spontaneously combusted 2 1/2 weeks ago and has never recovered!

My kids have been pretty patient throughout this ordeal - hey, Laurel's still smiling. We were lucky enough to find not only incompetent contractors, but dishonest contractors. I guess those two tend to go hand-in-hand.

This is how our family has been living. For someone who loves to cook as much as I do, especially during this time of year, this has been a difficult time for me. I need order in my life, which is surprising if any of you knew me in high school. My bedroom looked 10 times worse than this back in the early 90's - just ask my parents. Amazing what 14 years can do!

From afar they don't look bad, but don't be deceived.

This is a close-up of some of the shoddy work. For a job that was supposed to take 3 days, here we are 2 1/2 weeks later still wondering when and if it will ever be done. I'm pretty sure I can't ever build a home - I would have to check myself into a hospital.
3 comments:
Oh Jenn I am so sorry! I know how it feels to be without your kitchen and a place to put it all. Hopefully you'll be able to get it all together again soon and find someone who is honest. That is really frustrating and it is hard to really do anything about it when the work is substandard.
Bummer couple of weeks! The kitchen looks great from the picture, but I agree that contractors are usually up to no good. Hang in there, Im sure once it all gets done it will make it a little bit more worth it. Cute halloween pictures.
Jenn I am so sorry!!! Come on over for a break!!!!
Post a Comment