Laurel has a big first as well . . . she finally gained enough courage to put her entire head in the pool. This was a huge feat for Laurel as she has been scared of water for some time. I took video, which I will post, but it doesn't show her putting her head completely under the water . . . the big event happened moments after this video. Nevertheless, the excitement in this little girl's voice is quite obvious and she knows, unequivocably, that she has accomplished something great.
I think there's a part in all of us that wants to shout from the top of the mountains when we conquor one of our fears, but unfortunately we conform to society and bridle the joy we feel. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could be childlike and truly savor and rejoice in the miraculous things each one of us conquors each day? Just a thought . . .
2 comments:
I have loved your blog. Your kids are just adorable.
What a great moment! Tell laurel we are soooo proud of her. Katelyn tackled that last summer and it was a major triumph when it finally happened. I love your blog!
Post a Comment