When we got home, I quickly got Laurel ready for swimming. She was so excited to go! It was a beautiful day with blue skies, so it came as quite a surprise when I looked out the window moments after getting home only to find severe thunderstorms moving in. The weather here in Dallas is some of the craziest I've ever experienced. As I listened to the wind howl, I knew that swimming would be canceled. Within moments, there was a downpour. Poor Laurel - she was devastated. I'm glad we were inside during the storm. The weather was severe enough that it blew out windows in the lobby of Dale's office building in Las Colinas!
I quickly pulled out some white chocolate, pretzels, and sprinkles in an attempt to salvage a little girls afternoon. The three of us dipped pretzels and talked about everything under the sun. My ploy was successful and a smile returned to Laurel's face. Andrew seemed to enjoy the activity as well. I've never been more thankful for pretzels and white chocolate!
1 comment:
Okay how do you do it? Everytime I here or read about the Dallas Christensen's you are always doing something fun for the kids and yourself as well? Just how do you do it? I try and I really feel that I never suceed. I really think that when you ask my kids about their childhood all they will remember is mom and dad yelln' at them for something. How do you do it?!! You do it so well! :~)
Post a Comment