As Laurel was getting dressed in my room this morning, I had the cable music station playing some 90's music. The next song was a Michael Jackson tune from 1992. She was listening to his voice and looking at a picture of him on the tv screen. She says, "mom, is he a boy?" I didn't respond because I'm not exactly sure what Michael Jackson is nowadays. After a minute or so, she says, "mom, it's a boy and a girl!" Honestly, I couldn't have said it better! My thoughts exactly. I tried not to laugh outloud.
It reminded me of taking Laurel to the doctor several months ago. When the new doctor walked it, Laurel asks in the LOUDEST voice possible: "Hey mom, is the doctor a boy or a girl?" Seriously, if I could have hidden underneath the largest rock possible, I would have. To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure if the doctor was male or female until she spoke (for old SNL fans, Pat is alive and well). She had a boy haircut and looked rather masculine, but at my age I know not to ask such questions. The innocence of children is such a breath of fresh air.
I've posted a picture of Laurel at 18 months. I found this the other day and I just love it. We were at Lake Tahoe with Dale's family, playing outside of their condo. Children are so innocent and pure, and this picture of Laurel captures that for me today. We love your guts, Laurel!
1 comment:
I love their innocence even though sometimes it is embarrassing :) We had a similar "Pat" sighting in Washington... the jury is still out on whether he was a she or if she was a he.
Post a Comment