As for Laurel, well, she's been in great form this week. Where do I start? Well, to begin with, she came into my office a couple of days ago and said, "Mom, I'm so smart it scares me!" Well, she's right, but I never expected that phrase to escape her lips. Indeed she is smart - I don't think I ever said things like that as a kid. She's learning to do chores around the house. She makes her bed and is good at cleaning up messes. She also enjoys setting the table.
Dale's busy with work, but I have to say that we have fun when he's around. He had a great review last week, so we're happy about that. We enjoyed a family date last Friday night. Dale took us out to dinner and a dollar movie - we saw "Horton Hears a Who" and really enjoyed it.
I'm of course busy with the kids, but have a few other things going on. I'm trying to get geared up for my thesis. I'm hoping to complete it by December, but I have a lot of work ahead of me. I have a faculty sponsor and am pretty close to choosing a topic. As of tonight, I'll be writing on German internment camps in the United Stated during WWII. Many people assume that the Japanese were the only internees, but that's not the case. Crystal City, Texas had one of the biggest German camps - I'm hoping to visit Crystal City. One day I'll look back and be glad I did this, but right now it just seems like a huge hurdle.
1 comment:
What a fun blog!! If you decide to go private, I would love to be inculded. My email is dezri@msn.com. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment